Some Easter Bunnies bring you chocolate eggs, my Easter Bunny brings me Garnier! Garnier Moisture Match 24H was launched in January but the packaging is so springy and fresh that I can't think of a better time to review them than over the Easter weekend! Garnier has sent me the entire Moisture Match range to try, so I am very excited to share my thoughts with you... First of all I think it's a brilliant idea to have a moisturiser matching every skin type! Although all of us have a different skin type we all still need a moisturiser, a moisturiser texture that perfectly suits your skin... This year especially I have noticed that my combo/oily skin has become extremely dehydrated in places, simply because the weather has been so cold for so long...
For my skin type I found I can use all of the moisturisers except the one for dry to very dry skin, it's the only one that feels too rich for me... Also remember that it is important to correctly identify your skin type, quite often we have a mix, for instance you can have a combination of oily T zone and the rest may be dry... So if you say use a rich moisturiser all over the face you will just keep clogging up the pores feeding the bacteria in the oily skin, equally if you use a lightweight mattifying moisturiser all over you will help to balance the oil but the dry skin will look flaky and still be dehydrated...
Garnier Moisture Match locks the moisture in and hydrates the skin for 24H... Also every moisturiser has a lovely scent, smelling different depending on the ingredients... Here is some info on each of the Moisture Match creams to help you choose the right one for your skin type:
- Normal Skin [yellow tube] Illuminating Light Lotion - helps to make the skin appear more radiant and it has SPF 20 filters... A light and illuminating texture but leaves no residue. Vitamin B3, Lemon extract and light reflecting pears give a healthy looking glow.
- Normal to Dry Skin [blue] Light Softening Cream - a lightweight moisturiser making the skin look softer. A light melting cream for a fresh feeling skin. A bespoke mix of ultra-light smoothing dry oils and Blue Lotus extract help the skin to look softer.
- Dry to Very Dry Skin [pink] Ultra-Hydrating Rich Cream - a mousse like rich texture helps to instantly sooth and comfort very dehydrated skin, quickly absorbed. Camellia oil, Omega 3 & 6 and Shea butter leave the skin feeling intensively nourished.
- Dull Skin [peach] Revitalising Hydrating Gel - jelly containing water-encapsulated gel particles which burst upon contact with the skin. This texture was inspired by the best-selling moisturisers in Asia. These are great for highly hydrating the skin without clogging up the pores. Exfoliating Citrus extract help to get rid of dull skin and boost complexion giving the skin a brighter appearance.
- Combination to Oily Skin [green] Mattifying Fresh Cream - Garnier's first ever whipped formula for a cooling sorbet-like texture. Aquakeep technology is combined with super-absorbent micro-spheres that help to balance the oil levels and keep the skin looking fresh and matte. Green Tea extract is an antioxidant with detoxifying properties, which helps to protect the skin from bacteria.